a. General Information
We are pleased to announce that funding is available to support attendance at the CIDOC 2017 conference in Tbilisi, Georgia from 25th-30th September 2017.
Grants are awarded as a contribution
towards travel costs, accommodation (6 nights) and registration fees. Costs incurred in the home country, including but not limited to surface travel, accommodation, and visas, will not be covered by the grant.
- Applicants must be qualified professionals who are currently employed in a museum or a related institution;
- Applicants must be from a country listed as low or lower middle income, based on the latest World
Development Indicators Database of the World Bank;
- Applicants must demonstrate a valid financial need, indicate all other possible sources of funding and provide evidence of efforts to obtain such funding;
- Applicants are encouraged to become
members of ICOM.
c. Country of provenance
Priority will be given to applicants from the following countries:
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
d. Financial Needs
The applicant must demonstrate a valid financial need, indicate all other possible sources of funding and give evidence of efforts to obtain funding.
How to apply
To apply, please fill in and submit the application form in English (see below).
In addition to the completed form, you are required to send to the Bursary Committee of CIDOC 2017
the following attachments:
- CV (including list of publications)
- One recommendation letter from the head of the organisation /institution where the candidate is presently working.
You can send the attachments by e-mail to
email@example.com subject field "CIDOC/Grant application".
f. Deadline for Applications - CLOSED!
Selected applicants were notified of their status by July 31st, 2017.
Submissions received after this date will not be considered!
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered!
documents should be sent in an electronic format.